It was an especially exciting time for racing in the late ’60s and early ’70s, and of course that’s when Hot Wheels was born, too. The eye-catching Gulf logo and color scheme began to appear on race cars, and the Datsun 510 showed up as a racing circuit winner. Now Hot Wheels combines these two elements of the era into a collectible piece that could have been – but never was.
Not only have our Datsun 510 releases been popular with opening hood, but we’ve also released a few castings with the eye-catching Gulf racing deco. We’re excited to bring the two together in this must-have edition. It comes mounted in an acrylic case tucked into a Gulf-themed box. Would any serious collection ever be complete without this piece?
- Features: Opening hood
- Body Color: Gulf powder blue with white gloss roof
- Deco: Gulf logo on sides, marigold orange striping with authentic sponsor logos
- Body Type: ZAMAC
- Wheels: Real Riders racing wheels with gray-painted hubs
- Base: Full-metal, matte black-painted chassis; engine with painted details
- Window Color: Light smoke-tinted
- Interior Color: Black with orange roll bar
- Packaged in an acrylic case with a decorative outer box